High Court Of Australia
Forecourt, Parkes ACT
CONTRACT VALUE: $1.2M
The High Court project consisted of the upgrade the western forecourt to address safety and structural issues.
The works included:
- Demolition of existing forecourt
- Construction pier foundations beams and slab structures.
- Installation in-ground hydraulic and electrical services.
- Construction of all Class 1 Off Form Concrete balustrades
- New tiling to pavement slabs
- New SS balustrade
- Installation of new LED lighting.
- Install all new soft landscape tree & shrub
The project was delivered via Lump Sum Contract and within budget. Weekly liaison with the architect and client was crucial in maintaining open and frank communication at all times which ultimately allowed the construction and activities of the High Court Forecourt to continue without delay.
A special feature was the construction of pier foundation and slab structure and the installation of handrail lighting which provided much needed lighting to the forecourt and to allow the safe passage for pedestrians at night as this is a public area open to the public 24/7.